The spiralizer (5KSM1APC) peels, cores and slices fruit and veg for healthy, creative dishes. Discover how to attach it to your mixer:
How to attach the spiralizer to your mixer:
- For mixers with a hinged attachment hub cover, flip up to open. For mixers with a removable attachment hub cover, turn the attachment knob counter clockwise to remove attachment hub cover.
- Insert the spiralizer attachment shaft housing into the attachment hub, making sure that the power shaft fits into the square hub socket. Rotate the spiralizer attachment back and forth if necessary. The pin on the shaft housing will slip fully into the notch on the hub rim when it’s in the proper position.
- Tighten the attachment knob until the spiralizer attachment is completely secured to the mixer.
How to attach your foods to the spiralizer:
To prepare your fruit or vegetables before spiralizing, wash them first, then remove stems, cut the ends off squarely, and remove any eyes, if applicable.
- Attach the fruit and vegetable skewer by slipping on to the skewer mount, and twisting counter clockwise until it clicks into place.
- Place a bowl or plate under the spiralizer attachment, then put the food on to the fruit and vegetable skewer.
OPTIONAL: If you're using the peeler, install by sliding into the bottom of the blade carrier until it clicks into place.
- Install your chosen blade.
- Pull the release lever, then push the blade carrier towards the stand mixer to align the blade core with the centre of the food.
- Press blade core into the food for added stability.