The slow juicer is the tool for creating homemade juice, purée, jams and coulis of different consistencies. Before you attach the slow juicer (5KSM1JA) to the mixer, put it together.
Here are the steps for how to assemble the slow juicer for mixers:
- Slide the pulp chute onto the bottom of the bowl
- Slide the gasket into place behind the pulp chute.
- Place the bowl into the drive assembly.
- Put the screen wiper basket into the bowl.
- Place the screen of your choice into the screen wiper basket with the alignment marks directly above the pulp chute.
- Place the auger/blade assembly inside the screen.
Now you're ready to attach the juicer to your KitchenAid mixer.
Here are the steps for attaching the slow juicer to the mixer:
- Turn the mixer OFF (speed '0') and unplug.
- For mixers with a hinged attachment hub cover, flip up to open. For mixers with a removable attachment hub cover, turn the attachment knob counter clockwise to remove attachment hub cover.
- Insert the juicer attachment into the attachment hub. Rotate attachment back and forth if necessary. The pin on the attachment housing will fit into the notch of the hub rim when in proper position.
- Tighten attachment knob until the juicer attachment is completely secured to the mixer.
- Place a container under both the juice spout and the pulp chute.