The multipurpose attachment hub is designed to work with all KitchenAid's optional mixer attachments. When you have trouble attaching a product securely, here is our advice.
Please first check the following:
- It's important to double check that the attachment really does not fit the mixer by going over the assembly instructions included with the product.
- The attachment may still be secure, even if there is a slight differentiation between the thumb screw divot (on the housing) and the screw itself. You may see a small mark on the housing where the screw touches the housing.
- Be sure the thumbscrew is completely tightened so that the attachment cannot move.
Problems potentially causing improper fit
- The housing of the attachment does not sit far enough into the mixer hub to attach securely with the attachment knob.
- The notch on the hub rim of the mixer was drilled in such a way that the attachment knob will not line up with the notch in the attachment housing.
Not sure how to do it? You can find instructions for inserting attachments into the hub in the related FAQ.
If you still have a problem, please contact our Customer Service team as follows: Email us here OR Call us here - this is a freephone number and service will be provided to you in local language - open Monday to Friday from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm.