FAQ>Mixer accessories>I have a problem with the food processor for mixers, can you help?
Frequently asked questions
I have a problem with the food processor for mixers, can you help?
If the food processor attachment for your KitchenAid mixer isn't working properly, there are a few things you can try. See our advice...
If you're having trouble with your food processor attachment for mixers (5KSM2FPA), there's usually a quick fix. Take a look below.
Here's a list of possible solutions if your food processor attachment isn't running:
- Does the mixer have power?
Check to see whether the mixer is plugged into a grounded three-prong outlet. If it is, check the fuse or circuit breaker on the electrical circuit the mixer is connected to and make sure the circuit is closed.
- Is the attachment assembled correctly?
Check to make sure the food processor attachment was assembled correctly, and the interlocking lid is aligned correctly and locked in place.
- Reset the mixer
Unplug the mixer, then plug it back into the outlet.
Here are some more solutions to fix problems wiith your food processor attachment:
Your food processor attachment is not shredding or slicing properly
- Make sure the raised-blade side of the disc is positioned face up on the disc ddapter.
- If using the adjustable slicing blade, make sure it is set to the correct thickness.
- Make sure ingredients are suitable for slicing or shredding.
The lid doesn't close when using a disc
Make sure the disc is installed correctly, and is positioned properly on the disc adapter.
The clutch engages (NOTE: if the clutch activates, there will be a very loud clicking noise)
- Check to make sure there are not too many items in the food processor attachment.
- Make sure any hard seeds are removed.
Mixer motor slows down
Don't worry, this is normal operation and is not damaging the performance of the attachment.
Related frequently asked questions
Was this article helpful?