If you're having trouble with your food processor attachment for mixers (5KSM2FPA), there's usually a quick fix. Take a look below.
Here's a list of possible solutions if your food processor attachment isn't running:
- Does the mixer have power?
Check to see whether the mixer is plugged into a grounded three-prong outlet. If it is, check the fuse or circuit breaker on the electrical circuit the mixer is connected to and make sure the circuit is closed.
- Is the attachment assembled correctly?
Check to make sure the food processor attachment was assembled correctly, and the interlocking lid is aligned correctly and locked in place.
- Reset the mixer
Unplug the mixer, then plug it back into the outlet.
Here are some more solutions to fix problems wiith your food processor attachment:
Your food processor attachment is not shredding or slicing properly
- Make sure the raised-blade side of the disc is positioned face up on the disc ddapter.
- If using the adjustable slicing blade, make sure it is set to the correct thickness.
- Make sure ingredients are suitable for slicing or shredding.
The lid doesn't close when using a disc
Make sure the disc is installed correctly, and is positioned properly on the disc adapter.
The clutch engages (NOTE: if the clutch activates, there will be a very loud clicking noise)
- Check to make sure there are not too many items in the food processor attachment.
- Make sure any hard seeds are removed.
Mixer motor slows down
Don't worry, this is normal operation and is not damaging the performance of the attachment.